Fiancé and I will compete with each other to lose the most weight every 2 weeks. The loser will have to succumb to a dare set by the winner. As my husband-to-be is over a foot taller than me, loss of weight will be determined by a percentage of what we each need to lose. Along our wedding diet journey we will try different diets and workouts in a bid to find what works (and to mix it up).
- Weight and measurement are to be taken every 2 weeks on a Monday
- Trendette and Fiancé agree that they will perform whatever dare they may receive as the loser
- While following an intermittent fasting diet, no more than 2 days a week will be allowed at reduced calories
- The diet and exercise set for each contestant every fortnight must be followed or that contestant will automatically lose that particular fortnight and will have to succumb to a dare
- Exercise set is merely a minimum, if a contestant has the unlikely urge to do more, then they are allowed to do so
To read the most recent posting on the challenge click here.
Week one (initial) measurements
Weight 18st 4lbs
Weight 9st 6lbs
Fiancé – 15st 5lbs
Trendette – 8st
Weeks 1&2 diet
5:2 (intermittent fasting) http://thefastdiet.co.uk
2 days a week calories are reduced to 500 calories for women and 600 calories for men. For the other 5 days a week followers of the diet can eat what they want.
Weeks 1&2 exercise
Fiancé – Kinect UFC Trainer x 3 sessions per week http://uk.ign.com/games/ufc-personal-trainer-the-ultimate-fitness-system/xbox-360-78533
This is a fab way to get your man interested in working out. Firstly, it is technically a computer game. The leaflet promises to make exercise fun and does in fact include games. It is also based on the manly sport of UFC (ultimate fighting champion). Need I say more. I will let you know how Fiancé gets on with it.
NB – An Xbox and the Kinect software are required to follow the above fitness programme.
Trendette – Interval training on trampette for 30mins followed by toning exercises for 20mins x 3 sessions per week
For anyone who is not sure what a trampette is – it is a mini trampoline to be used for exercise. I will be jogging on the trampette for one minute as fast as I can, resting for one minute, jog for one and rest for one and so on for 30mins. Toning exercises will include the below;
Shoulder presses – dumbell
Bicep curls – dumbell
Hammer curls – dumbell
Tricep curls – dumbell
Wish me (us) luck! Watch this space for an update in 2 weeks.